Main Article Content
Objectives: To evaluate the compliance of patients with treatment regime of type 2 diabetes on outpatients at Dong Thap Regional General Hospital. Objects and methods: Retrospective descriptive study on 240 patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and outpatient treatment at Dong Thap General Hospital. Results: The percentage of patients who always adhered to the treatment regime was not high: 38.40% of patients always limited the use of fast hyperglycemic foods; 30.28% of patients always limited the intake of high-fat foods; The rate of patients who always ate washy foods was 27.68%, the rate of patients who always limited drinking beer and alcohol was 28.12%, 31.45% of patients always consumed fiber foods. The rate of patients complying with exercise regimes was an average level: 53.48% patients had the regular adherence to exercise regimes. The rate of good compliance of using drugs was an average level of 60.43%, still having 11.30% of patients were poor drug compliance. Conclusion: The proportion of patients who always adhered to the treatment regime was not high. The percentage of patients adhering to the exercise regimen was moderate. The proportion of patients who complied with good drug administration was moderate.
Type 2 diabetes, adherence to treatment regimen, outpatient
2. Vivian SV, Manoel AS, Flavia FLR, et al., Self-care among paC ents enrolled in a self-monitoring blood glucose program, Rev Gaúcha Enferm, 2014; 35(4): 42-8.
3. Giang LTH, Reality and some factors related to adherence to treatment for type 2 diabetes of patients undergoing outpatient treatment at the hospital 198 2013, Journal of Practical medicine, 2013; 11(893): 93-97. (in Vietnamese)
4. My NTK, Survey on self-care behavior of patients with type 2 diabetes in some communes and wards of Thua Thien Hue province, Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy - Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 2017; 7(3): 56-62.
5. Colberg SR, Sigal RJ, Fernhall B et al., Exercise and type 2 diabetes: the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Diabetes Association: joint position statement, Diabetes care, 2010, 33(12): e147–e167.
6. Tuyen DQ, Knowledge, practice and factors related to treatment adherence in patients with type 2 diabetes undergoing outpatient treatment at the National Hospital of Geriatrics in 2012, Master thesis public health practitioner, College of Public Health. Presented in Hanoi, Vietnam, 2012.
7. Manjula GB, Jayarani P, Self Efficacy and Self Care Behaviour among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – A Cross Sectional Survey, International Journal of Science and Research, 2015; 4(12): 2047-2051.